Upcoming Speaking Engagements
10th: AAUW (American Association of University Women) Torrance Branch
Topic: “Digital Divide or Digital Empowerment”
28th: LinkedIn Live with Nish Parikh
20th: Podcast Live with Debra Ruh
25th: Global Inclusion Online Forum
23rd: Women in Technology International (WITI)
Topic: Entrepreneurs: Having a Social Impact
2021 Speaking Engagements Recorded
- Chicago Cultural Accessibility Consortium: "Engaging Individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities in Virtual Programs"
- Incluse This Podcast! Episode 3: Words Are Powerful
- California State University, Dominguez Hills Esports Talk Session- The Resource Key Edition with Ruben Caputo
- Talk 2 Talk: Inclusive Social Media and Accessibility Tips to Continue Building the Beloved Community
- Culture Circle-High Vibe Zone: End Ableism in the Workplace
- Choose Inclusion
- Loyola Connect Live Virtual Series
- Webinar American Society of Safety Professionals and the Ergonomics Practice: Cross Collaboration Across Industries for Inclusive Design: How to make an impact for people with disabilities
Accomplishments and Publications
- Author of the Book- “Our Reading Literacy Kitchen”
- Top 100 Speech Language Pathologists Impacting the Field
- LinkedIn Top Voice 2020: Equity in Workplace
- Contributor to NeuroDiversity Giving Individuals Full Team Sucess (NDGiFTS) Report.
- Featured on DiverCity Magazine: Look at me, I’m talking with you
- Featured on PopSugar: 30 TikTok Hacks That Will Simplify Your Kid's School Year
- Featured on MarketWatch: Press Release about book release "Our Reading Literacy Kitchen"
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- "Gymnastics: Not Your Typical Speech/Language Therapy-The Benefits It Provides for Children With Special Needs"
- Conquering the Dreaded Praxis Test
- Ideate Education Empowerment, Inc: “Color Influenced Learning”
- The Best Speech Pathology Websites and Blogs for 2016
- Kidmunicate Top 75 Speech Pathology Websites
- SLPs Online: Resources and Recognition
- 2012 Best 100 Sites for Speech Pathologists Nomination
- 2011 Best Student Blog Award Nomination
Past Speaking Engagements
- Vanguard University of Southern California- Moderator for Panel discussion Conference about Autism At Work: Misconceptions and Myths for The 4th Creating Healthy Organizations
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD) annual conference: “Design Read: Drawing with Words" Creating Connections and Experiences Through Drawing.”
- Kennedy Center VSA Intersections Arts and Special Education Conference: "Design Read: Drawing with Words Creating Connections and Experiences Through Drawing.”
- USA Gymnastics Regional Congress: "Incorporating Children with Special Needs into Gymnastics"
- Albion College Diversability Club-Building Disability Inclusion Starts with You: Your Personal Brand Matters"
- African-Americans with Ataxia Support Group-"Tools and Technology to Empower You"
- Guest on Presutti Advocacy Podcast
- Future Speech Language Pathologists (Futureslps): Developed one of the 1st resource websites for students interested in the field of Speech Language Pathology.
- Design Read Create: Developed reading literacy resources website.
- Developed a position within a digital speech therapy company, and helped with expanding the company’s reach from Europe and Israel into North America by leading the company’s US activities closing deal on one of their first US based contracts.
- Owner of one of the largest SLP resources groups on LinkedIn with over 17,000 members.
- DesignReadCreate “Drawing with Words”
- Adopt a Pet: Social Skills Group (Assisted Occupational Therapist with Implementation of Program)
- Accent Modification Program Training developed for a Corporate Communications Solutions Company
- ClinicalFellowship.org: Created training videos with a team of Speech Language Pathologists to help students prepare for the transition to Clinical Fellowship in Speech Language Pathology.
- GymUnique Creations: Incorporating Speech and Language Skills into Gymnastics Program
- ClinicalFellowship.org: Worked with a team of SLPs to create video modules to help graduate students transition to clinical fellowship in Speech Language Pathology.
- Color Influenced Learning: Shaping learning environments to increase student engagement
- Ready, Set, Explore: Enhancing Creativity in Our Future Leaders
- Clinical Fellows Handbook Resource Guide